MĂLĂIEȘTI CABIN HIKING TOUR
The Mălăiești Cottage or Cabin is situated in the Bucegi Natural Park, which has become a protected natural area back in 2000. It’s a mountainous area with lots of caves, pits, ridges, canyons, forests, valleys and even waterfalls. Here, nature has been more than generous with hay meadows, limestone rocky slopes and alpine rivers. This area is a delight for tourists all over the world, and it’s one that people hardly forget. It’s also called “Romania’s Touristic Cradle”, with over 15 peaks, rising high and proudly gazing over the horizon.
Mălăiești Cabin in the valley of stars
The Mălăiești cabin is one of the most well-known and loved mountain cottages in the Bucegi Natural Park. It is situated in the Mălăiești Valley, which some locals call “The Valley of Stars”. This is because the night sky in the summertime is extremely clear and many stars can be observed.
The Mălăiești Cabin Hiking Tour will take us straight up to the mountain cabin, where we can take lunch. After lunch, we can spend some more time admiring the surroundings and taking some pictures.
12-15 km medium difficulty hike, approx. 1200 m elevation height, total hike duration: 5 – 6 hours. This trip is recommended for the hikers that are not for the first time on a mountain and have a bit of experience on how to approach various terrains. Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
Mălăiești Cabin Hiking Tour – The price includes:
- Transportation/Driver/Professional mountain guide
- Free hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Medical insurance
- Main meals such as lunches, dinners
- Other services not mentioned in the description above
- Food and drinks
- Banking or e-payment fees
- Ticks spray
- Hiking sticks
- Hiking boots and clothes that suits the outside weather
- Back pack
- 2 L of water
- Rain coat
- Small snacks
Pick up time is at 8:30 A.M. from your accommodation in Brașov. Driving to the base of the Bucegi Mountains will take us around 1 hour. Right after we arrive, we start with a 2-3 hours hike to the Malaiesti cottage. For our lunch break you can choose to try out some local foods at Mălăiești or bring some snacks and sandwiches with you. After lunch we can visit the beautiful surroundings of the Mălăiești cottage and then hike back to the car. The return to Brasov will be around 5-6 P.M.
Mălăiești Cabin Hiking Tour – Prices:
One person – 669 lei
Two – 750 lei / group
Three – 951 lei / group
Four – 1052 lei / group
Five – 1250 lei / group
Six – 1452 lei / group
Seven – 1603 / group
Eight – 1704 / group
* Currently we can only accept online bookings for a maximum of 8 people. If your group is larger than 8, please contact us by email, by phone, or by using the contact form here. We are able to accommodate larger groups as well, if we discuss privately beforehand.