TRANSYLVANIA E-BIKE Tour
TRANSYLVANIA E-BIKE Tour
Spend a full day in the heart of Transylvania! Explore it’s rural landscape and locally resourced food while riding a bike. But not just any bike. Have you ever experienced the benefits of riding an E-Bike? An E-Bike allows us to discover authentic parts of Transylvania will a lot less effort. We can ride for about 50-60 km in a very easy way, on different roads, because of the advantages that this type of bike can offer us.
The advantages of riding an E-Bike
An E-bike (or electric bike) is a great invention that uses rechargeable batteries. Because of it’s ingenious system, it can travel from 25 to 45 km/h, much faster than most people could cycle. Thus, you will get to your destination in a better shape, with far less effort. It’s also a way of low-cost and energy efficient means of transportation. E-Bikes are our favorite means of transportation when it comes to discovering the local area and spending time in nature. Although it’s not necessarily suitable for mountainous, steep paths, it is ideal for rural trails which are easier to travel.
You don’t have to worry about a thing if you choose to ride with us. We organize E-Bike Day Trips in various areas of Transylvania, and if you have a personal preference you can let us know and we’ll make the arrangements for you. One battery charge will be more than enough for the whole duration of the trip. The “pedal assist” system that this type of bike has will give you a pedalling boost. This will reduce the stress and impact on your knees and thighs. All you need to know is to ride a classic bicycle. If you know how to do that, you’re definitely a good match to the E-Bike!
Another advantage is that it gives you an extra boost to travel miles and miles of distance with very little effort. Thus, we can visit many areas together and still not feel tired at all. They are nature friendly and definitely our top favorites when it comes to a full day of adventure!
Circuit tour example: Bunești Village – Criț Village – Meschendorf Village – Viscri Village
One very popular E-Bike example is taking us through the Saxon Villages in Transylvania: Bunești, Criț, Meschendorf and Viscri. We will arrange transportation for you from your accommodation in Brașov. All the E-Bikes are included in the price, and technical support and guidance will be offered before and throughout the tour. In the villages that we will go through, there are special cycling trails that we will follow. Small meals are also included in the price; however we can also take the lunch at a local restaurant, with organic and locally sourced foods. The lunch at the restaurant is not included in the price of this Day trip.
The Saxon Villages we will visit each have a fortified church. Criț Village is an authentic Transylvanian Village. It’s name – Deutschkreutz, means ”Cross” in German. Although the history of this area is filled with wars and abuses, today, everything is forgotten. The area has retrieved it’s natural beauty and the locals are living in complete harmony. Annually, thousands of tourists visit this marvelous village and admire the those enchanting places.
The next village we will visit, Mesendorf (or Meschendorf), is rather isolated and has very strong German influences. It’s church has been transformed, over time, into a stronghold, and had two levels of fortifications. It’s a building that draws special attention to it and it’s not to be missed.
The last village, Viscri, is a place where traditions come back to life. It doesn’t have paved streets and chicken are roaming freely. A resident group of Germans created a brand that sells genuine Viscri sheep wool socks. They sell both in Romania, as well as in Germany. The path will also take us to the fortified church where you will be able to purchase different local items. Even Prince Charles has acknowledged the beauty of Viscri and bought himself a house here. The house can be rented in a B&B system, and it is a well preserved and authentic furnished blue Saxon Transylvanian house.
There are so many reasons to want to visit this particular area of Transylvania. However, we are extremely flexible and can organize E-Bike Trips & Tours in a 80 km range around Brasov. Feel free to send us a message through the Contact Form below, let us know what you want, leave us your questions and we will reply in maximum 24 hours.
Transylvania E-Bike Tour – The price includes:
- One full E-Bike day tour in the area of your choice (it can be the one described above)
- Transportation with a modern, spacious and comfortable SUV or van, depending on the number of people joining
- Professional, English-speaking local guide
- Free pick-up and drop-off from and to your accommodation
- Electric Bike – Cross Maverix Hard Tail included
- Small meals and nibbles
- Skill Camp: technical training with one of our guides
- Technical support related to riding offered before and after our Day tour (no need to worry about any technical issues, they will be fixed by our team)
- Protection helmet and special gloves
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Entrance tickets at the fortified churches, and/ or other places we may visit, depending on the area you want to explore
- Medical insurance
- Main meals such as lunches, dinners
- Other services not mentioned in the description above
- Video/photo taxes at the churches, and other local areas/places that we will visit (depending on the route you prefer)
- Banking or e-payment fees
Transylvania Tour – Prices:
One person – 850 lei
Two – 550 lei / person
Three – 450 lei / person
Four – 380 lei / person
Five – 350 lei / person
Six – 340 lei / person
Seven – Eight – 320 lei / person
* Currently we can only accept online bookings for a maximum of 8 people. If your group is larger than 8, please contact us by email, by phone, or by using the contact form here. We are able to accommodate larger groups as well, if we discuss privately beforehand.